Stubbs and Keegan to star in ESPN's football campaign
LONDON - ESPN, the sports broadcaster, is preparing to launch a viral advertising campaign to promote its football coverage of the Premier League and the FA Cup later this month.
ESPN: pundit Ray Stubbs to star in viral ad campaign
Created by Bruce Dunlop Associates, the ad will star ESPN's regular football pundit Ray Stubbs and former England star turned commentator, Kevin Keegan.
The advertising push comes as the broadcaster attempts to build on its UK positioning after gaining Premier League rights from Setanta Sports last summer.
ESPN launched its live sport channel (ESPN) in the UK on 3 August, 2009, with live coverage of the Barclays Premier League, Clydesdale Bank Premier League and Europa League among others.
From next season, the channel will also add exclusive live coverage of 25 FA Cup matches per season and 43 exclusive Guinness Premiership rugby matches each season.
In addition, Stubbs is also set to present a show from South Africa during this year's World Cup.
Drawing on his 26 years' experience as a BBC sports commentator and show anchor, Stubbs will broadcast a nightly original show throughout the competition.
One of his show's reporters, Darrell Currie, will also join Fabio Capello's England squad as they progress through the tournament.
South Africa Nightly promises to capture, reflect, and deliver hard-hitting opinions from journalists, players, fans and coaches.
Launching on the eve of the 2010 FIFA World Cup on 10 June, each 30-minute episode will air at 11pm on ESPN in the UK during the month-long tournament.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Conceptual Creative E3 Media Limited £35,000 - £45,000 per annum depending on experience, Situated in the creative quarter of Bristol
- Insight Executive - Financial Services Company NG Digital Marketing up to £27k, Central London
- Display Account Manager NG Digital Marketing 40k, Central London
- Senior Social Analyst Lipton Fleming £33000.00 per annum, South East England
- Marketing Executive / B2C Marketing Executive Guru Careers £20 - 35k, Based in London (W8) - Commutable from Kensington, Central London, Greater London, The City