Ikea rolls out final BMB ad
LONDON - Ikea is today (20 April) launching the last ad to be created by Beattie McGuinness Bungay (BMB), before the account shifts to Mother.
The ad follows the Ikea Kitchen Squad as they ‘kidnap' a kitchen, destroy it before the owner's eyes, and then rebuild it as an Ikea kitchen.
BMB has worked on the Ikea account since June 2007, but the £8m UK account that includes all print, outdoor and TV advertising for the Swedish furniture manufacturer, will now move to Mother.
Last November, Vizeum snatched Ikea's global media planning and buying requirements from OMD following a seven-month review.
Separately, Cake were handed Ikea's PR business.
Last month, Ikea awarded its US $90m advertising account to Ogilvy & Mather after a final four-way battle.
The WPP shop beat sister agency Berlin Cameron United, Havas' Euro RSCG and Publicis Groupe's The Kaplan Thaler Group to the business.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire