The Independent downsizes media section
LONDON - The Independent has downsized its media section from five pages to two pages as part of the redesign of the paper following its purchase by Russian businessman Alexander Lebedev.
The Independent: reduced media section
The section has been moved from a Monday to a Thursday as part of the changes. Columnist Stephen Glover, however, will continue to publish a column, Media Studies, in Monday's Viewspaper supplement.
Ian Burrell, media editor, is to write less for the Thursday media section but says he "will be writing more stuff for the front of book". The Independent's other media commentator Matthew Norman will contribute to Thursday's media section.
Columnist Claire Beale, the editor of Campaign magazine, is also expected to keep her column, although details have yet to finalised.
It is unclear whether the move is being made to reduce costs.
The Independent relaunched last week, backed by a major advertising campaign, with a promise to be "Free from party political ties".
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Bespoke Print Project Manager Red Sofa London £35000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Marketing Analyst - Online Retail Jarlett de Grouchy £23000 - £28000 per annum + Benefits, Sleaford
- Web Designer / Front End Developer Guru Careers £45 - 50k + Benefits, Based in London (SE1)
- Head of Marketing - Commercial/B2B Berwick Partners Excellent basic plus benefits, Central London/Berkshire
- Account Manager (2 months) Stopgap £150 - £160 per day, London