The Independent downsizes media section
LONDON - The Independent has downsized its media section from five pages to two pages as part of the redesign of the paper following its purchase by Russian businessman Alexander Lebedev.
The Independent: reduced media section
The section has been moved from a Monday to a Thursday as part of the changes. Columnist Stephen Glover, however, will continue to publish a column, Media Studies, in Monday's Viewspaper supplement.
Ian Burrell, media editor, is to write less for the Thursday media section but says he "will be writing more stuff for the front of book". The Independent's other media commentator Matthew Norman will contribute to Thursday's media section.
Columnist Claire Beale, the editor of Campaign magazine, is also expected to keep her column, although details have yet to finalised.
It is unclear whether the move is being made to reduce costs.
The Independent relaunched last week, backed by a major advertising campaign, with a promise to be "Free from party political ties".
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire