Telegraph to unveil paid-for website in September
Telegraph Media Group (TMG) is set to announce details of a metered website in the spring, with the launch pencilled in for September.
Telegraph: will unveil paid-for website in September
TMG is talking to several digital agencies with a brief to overhaul Telegraph.co.uk, which features editorial content from The Daily Telegraph and The Sunday Telegraph.
According to sources, TMG will introduce a hybrid strat-egy, similar to the Financial Times, where users are permitted to see limited free content and then asked to subscribe.
While TMG insists that no final decision has been made, sources claim that executives believe the hybrid model is the best way to offset falling sales of the company's printed newspaper editions.
In December, Telegraph.co.uk registered 31m visitors, behind Guardian.co.uk with 39m and the market-leading MailOnline with 54m, according to ABCe.
A Telegraph spokesman said: 'Absolutely no decisions have been made on the introduction of a paid-content model. Like all publishers, TMG continually evaluates the developments in the digital sector.'
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)