Telegraph to unveil paid-for website in September
Telegraph Media Group (TMG) is set to announce details of a metered website in the spring, with the launch pencilled in for September.
Telegraph: will unveil paid-for website in September
TMG is talking to several digital agencies with a brief to overhaul Telegraph.co.uk, which features editorial content from The Daily Telegraph and The Sunday Telegraph.
According to sources, TMG will introduce a hybrid strat-egy, similar to the Financial Times, where users are permitted to see limited free content and then asked to subscribe.
While TMG insists that no final decision has been made, sources claim that executives believe the hybrid model is the best way to offset falling sales of the company's printed newspaper editions.
In December, Telegraph.co.uk registered 31m visitors, behind Guardian.co.uk with 39m and the market-leading MailOnline with 54m, according to ABCe.
A Telegraph spokesman said: 'Absolutely no decisions have been made on the introduction of a paid-content model. Like all publishers, TMG continually evaluates the developments in the digital sector.'
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- Interim Customer Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London