P&G launches first UK campaign promoting corporate brand
Procter & Gamble (P&G) is to bring its corporate brand to the fore for the first time in the UK in its latest campaign.
P&G: launch corporate brand ads in North America around Vancouver Games
The activity, which goes live next week, will run for the next 18 months, leading up to the London 2012 Olympic Games. It is expected to feature P&G's portfolio of laundry brands, which includes Ariel, Daz and Fairy, as well as shaving brand Gillette.
The heavyweight drive, which has been created by Wieden & Kennedy, is under-stood to be based on a similar P&G campaign launched in the US and Canada ahead of the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympic Games.
The push, entitled 'Kids', included a TV ad showing P&G and Olympic logos alongside each other, with the strapline 'P&G, proud sponsor of moms'.
'Now is a good time for corporate branding because people are interested in where brands come from, who is behind them, and whether the company is an upstanding one,' said Irwin Lee, P&G vice-president and general manager, UK and Ireland.
P&G rival Unilever has been using its corporate logo in consumer advertising since 2009.
P&G declined to comment on details of the campaign.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)