P&G launches first UK campaign promoting corporate brand
Procter & Gamble (P&G) is to bring its corporate brand to the fore for the first time in the UK in its latest campaign.
P&G: launch corporate brand ads in North America around Vancouver Games
The activity, which goes live next week, will run for the next 18 months, leading up to the London 2012 Olympic Games. It is expected to feature P&G's portfolio of laundry brands, which includes Ariel, Daz and Fairy, as well as shaving brand Gillette.
The heavyweight drive, which has been created by Wieden & Kennedy, is under-stood to be based on a similar P&G campaign launched in the US and Canada ahead of the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympic Games.
The push, entitled 'Kids', included a TV ad showing P&G and Olympic logos alongside each other, with the strapline 'P&G, proud sponsor of moms'.
'Now is a good time for corporate branding because people are interested in where brands come from, who is behind them, and whether the company is an upstanding one,' said Irwin Lee, P&G vice-president and general manager, UK and Ireland.
P&G rival Unilever has been using its corporate logo in consumer advertising since 2009.
P&G declined to comment on details of the campaign.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...