Huffington Post to launch in the UK
Arianna Huffington has revealed plans to roll out a UK edition of the Huffington Post, which she co-founded in the US in 2005.
Arrianna Huffington: announces plans for a UK HuffPo
Speaking at The Guardian's Changing Media Summit this week, Huffington announced the site will launched in the UK this summer.
Huffington, who completed a degree at Cambridge University, said: "Whenever I am in England, I feel like I am home".
The expansion comes after Huffington sold the news website, which has an estimated 25 million unique monthly visitors, to AOL last month for $315m (£195m).
The UK version will follow the US model, with content provided by a core team of writers and editors, and unpaid bloggers.
Huffington also said she would continue with plans to launch sites aimed at French and Brazilian readers.
Tim Armstrong, AOL's chief executive, also spoke at the summit. He said recruitment plans for the British operation have yet to be confirmed.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)