Huffington Post to launch in the UK
Arianna Huffington has revealed plans to roll out a UK edition of the Huffington Post, which she co-founded in the US in 2005.
Arrianna Huffington: announces plans for a UK HuffPo
Speaking at The Guardian's Changing Media Summit this week, Huffington announced the site will launched in the UK this summer.
Huffington, who completed a degree at Cambridge University, said: "Whenever I am in England, I feel like I am home".
The expansion comes after Huffington sold the news website, which has an estimated 25 million unique monthly visitors, to AOL last month for $315m (£195m).
The UK version will follow the US model, with content provided by a core team of writers and editors, and unpaid bloggers.
Huffington also said she would continue with plans to launch sites aimed at French and Brazilian readers.
Tim Armstrong, AOL's chief executive, also spoke at the summit. He said recruitment plans for the British operation have yet to be confirmed.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- Copywriter (fixed term contract) become £35-45, London
- Design Director (FMCG) become £55-65K, Central London