Hello Boys voted greatest poster ever created
TBWA's "Hello Boys" billboard for Wonderbra has been voted the best poster ad ever created, in Campaign's Outdoor Hall of Fame, held in association with the Outdoor Media Centre.
Top poster: TBWA's Hello Boys billboard ad for Wonderbra
In second place was Saatchi & Saatchi's "Labour Isn't Working" poster for the Conservative Party from the 1970s.
The iconic 1914 army recruitment poster "Lord Kitchener Wants You", by Caxton Advertising, took third place, ahead of a top 10 that also features work for Apple by TBWA and for The Economist by AMV.
The 100 posters and the top 10 can be seen on the Outdoor Hall of Fame microsite.
The ads were chosen after more than 10,000 reader votes on a selection of 100 ads, which had been shortlisted by a panel of judges.
The judges were Danny Brooke-Taylor, the Dare joint executive creative director; Daren Rubins, the PHD chief executive; Bob Wootton, the ISBA director of media and advertising; Mike Baker, the chief executive of the Outdoor Media Centre, and Claire Beale, the editor of Campaign.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...