Rebecca Ferguson ditches nice-girl image in Walkers ad
'X Factor' runner-up Rebecca Ferguson has become the female version of greedy, thieving Gary Linker, in Walkers' new Sunbites TV ad.
The ad, created by AMV BBDO, launched across press, online, social media and TV on Saturday night during the 'Britain's Got Talent' final.
The good-natured scouser is filmed being tempted from her "nice-girl" ways after she tries a Walkers Sunbites.
In the ad Ferguson visits her hometown in Liverpool where she recieves a warm welcome from her fans, and introduces her grandparents and "auntie Aggie" who is eating a packet of Walkers Sunbites.
The singer tries a Sunbite before stealing the packet from her elderly aunt and jumping into a waiting helicopter, pursued by Aggie.
In addition to national TV, press and online ads, the Sunbites Facebook page will be developed to include an application where consumers can steal back packs of Walkers Sunbites from Rebecca Ferguson and win free packs and other daily prizes.
The art director on the ad was Colin Jones and copywriter was Clive Pickering. The production company was Weilands and media agency was OMD. The ad was directed by Paul Weiland.
This is Ferguson's first ad as part of the campaign, coming ahead of her album release in autumn. Ferguson came second to Matt Cardle in last year's 'X Factor'.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)