Sony parodies 'balls' ad in Wimbledon campaign
Sony is revisiting its iconic "balls" TV ad in an online campaign to promote its 3D coverage of the Wimbledon finals.
Created by Crayon, the campaign is spearheaded by a video featuring thousands of tennis balls bouncing through the streets of suburban Wimbledon, in the same way that Fallon's ad for Sony Bravia showed thousands of colourful balls bouncing through the streets of San Francisco.
The video will be supported by a national press campaign, as well as radio, eCRM and experiential activity, with 10,000 branded tennis balls being handed out in London.
Users will also be able to take part in a competition that challenges them to collect virtual tennis balls that have been placed on various web pages. Each ball collected will represent an entry into a competition, with prizes including tickets to the final, as well as a range of Sony 3D products.
Matt Coombe, the general manager of brand marketing at Sony UK, said: "This is a great creative idea that not only cleverly maximises nostalgia around a previous Sony campaign, but explodes the idea digitally without having to support it with TV. We’re really excited about the launch."
Sony will film the semi-finals and finals of the Wimbledon tennis championships in high-definition 3D for the first time in the competition's 125-year history.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Business Development Manager Pure360 £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience. £45k OTE uncapped, Brighton
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London