Greenpeace attacks VW with spoof 'Darth Vader' ad
Greenpeace is launching a campaign against Volkswagen's environmental record with a spoof of the car brand's award-winning 'Darth Vader' ad, featuring a VW-branded Death Star.
VW: under attack from Greenpeace
The Greenpeace online ad urges viewers to "join the rebellion", using a young cast of 'Star Wars' fans who challenge the VW’s mini Darth Vader. Darth Vader’s nemesis, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and his followers, use their lightsabers to terminate a VW-branded "death star" and the mini Darth Vader.
The ad will be distributed online in more than 14 countries, including China, Canada, US, UK, Germany and France. It aims to highlight VW’s poor environmental record.
The ad will also be supported by outdoor activity.
The original ad, created by Deutsch, has attracted more than 40 million YouTube views since it was previewed online, the week before it was shown in the half-time ad break during this year’s Super Bowl in February. Last week, the ad won a Gold Film Lion at Cannes.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Integrated Shoreditch Agency - Financial Services - £30-38k Judi Patton £30k-38k, Shoreditch, London
- Head of Inbound (SEO and Content) dmpeople Between £60,000 and £80,000 plus bonus and benefits, London
- Regional Shopper & Market Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, Asia
- International Trade Planning Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, London