Greenpeace attacks VW with spoof 'Darth Vader' ad
Greenpeace is launching a campaign against Volkswagen's environmental record with a spoof of the car brand's award-winning 'Darth Vader' ad, featuring a VW-branded Death Star.
VW: under attack from Greenpeace
The Greenpeace online ad urges viewers to "join the rebellion", using a young cast of 'Star Wars' fans who challenge the VW’s mini Darth Vader. Darth Vader’s nemesis, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and his followers, use their lightsabers to terminate a VW-branded "death star" and the mini Darth Vader.
The ad will be distributed online in more than 14 countries, including China, Canada, US, UK, Germany and France. It aims to highlight VW’s poor environmental record.
The ad will also be supported by outdoor activity.
The original ad, created by Deutsch, has attracted more than 40 million YouTube views since it was previewed online, the week before it was shown in the half-time ad break during this year’s Super Bowl in February. Last week, the ad won a Gold Film Lion at Cannes.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...