Google partners with Virgin America for Chromebook tie-up
Google and Virgin America have signed a deal that will allow consumers to use Chromebooks while aboard the American airline.
Google Chromebook: Virgin America passengers set to test notebook computer
Consumers will have the opportunity to test out Google’s new notebook computer, the Chromebook, from today until 1 September, on board and in selected departure lounges.
Virgin America passengers who check out a Chromebook will also be entitled to a free wi-fi session while on their flight.
Virgin America and Google are also developing a free Virgin America Traveller app for Chrome, which will be available later this month from the Chrome web store.
Porter Gale, vice-president, marketing, Virgin America, said: "Our goal has always been to use the best in technology to reinvent the travel experience and help bring some fun back to flying.
"As another California company known for connecting people in new ways, Google has been a key partner with us from our very first flights in 2007, by powering the interactive Google maps onboard our Red entertainment platform.
"We’re delighted to team up with Google yet again in a way that keeps our guests entertained and connected, in both the physical and virtual clouds."
Yesterday, Google signed a deal with Heineken to collaborate on digital advertising initiatives, a move that bypasses the traditional agency route.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Business Development Manager Pure360 £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience. £45k OTE uncapped, Brighton
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London