Google partners with Virgin America for Chromebook tie-up
Google and Virgin America have signed a deal that will allow consumers to use Chromebooks while aboard the American airline.
Google Chromebook: Virgin America passengers set to test notebook computer
Consumers will have the opportunity to test out Google’s new notebook computer, the Chromebook, from today until 1 September, on board and in selected departure lounges.
Virgin America passengers who check out a Chromebook will also be entitled to a free wi-fi session while on their flight.
Virgin America and Google are also developing a free Virgin America Traveller app for Chrome, which will be available later this month from the Chrome web store.
Porter Gale, vice-president, marketing, Virgin America, said: "Our goal has always been to use the best in technology to reinvent the travel experience and help bring some fun back to flying.
"As another California company known for connecting people in new ways, Google has been a key partner with us from our very first flights in 2007, by powering the interactive Google maps onboard our Red entertainment platform.
"We’re delighted to team up with Google yet again in a way that keeps our guests entertained and connected, in both the physical and virtual clouds."
Yesterday, Google signed a deal with Heineken to collaborate on digital advertising initiatives, a move that bypasses the traditional agency route.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London