ExxonMobil consolidates global ad and media business into BBDO and UM
ExxonMobil, the energy conglomerate, has consolidated its global advertising and media accounts into BBDO and Universal McCann.
ExxonMobil: consolidates global ad and media business
ExxonMobil, which operates Esso, Mobil and ExxonMobil in the UK, worked with a roster of advertising agencies worldwide, including Euro RSCG, McCann Erickson, DDB and BBDO.
DDB will continue to work on ExxonMobil's below-the-line work for Exxon's fuel business, while BBDO will handle the company's entire advertising business.
IT will include the company's $40m corporate business that was previously handled by McCann Erickson and EuroRSCG.
ExxonMobile, which currently supplies 10% of the UK's total oil and gas production, spent £8.9m across all media in UK. The majority was spent on press and TV between August 2009 and July 2010, according to The Nielsen Company.
In the US, the company spent $111m on media in 2009 and $51m in the first seven months of 2010, according to Nielsen.
A spokesperson for ExxonMobil was unavailable for comment.
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)