ExxonMobil consolidates global ad and media business into BBDO and UM
ExxonMobil, the energy conglomerate, has consolidated its global advertising and media accounts into BBDO and Universal McCann.
ExxonMobil: consolidates global ad and media business
ExxonMobil, which operates Esso, Mobil and ExxonMobil in the UK, worked with a roster of advertising agencies worldwide, including Euro RSCG, McCann Erickson, DDB and BBDO.
DDB will continue to work on ExxonMobil's below-the-line work for Exxon's fuel business, while BBDO will handle the company's entire advertising business.
IT will include the company's $40m corporate business that was previously handled by McCann Erickson and EuroRSCG.
ExxonMobile, which currently supplies 10% of the UK's total oil and gas production, spent £8.9m across all media in UK. The majority was spent on press and TV between August 2009 and July 2010, according to The Nielsen Company.
In the US, the company spent $111m on media in 2009 and $51m in the first seven months of 2010, according to Nielsen.
A spokesperson for ExxonMobil was unavailable for comment.
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire