Taco Bell supports third store opening with tongue-in-cheek outdoor ads
Taco Bell has opened a restaurant in Manchester, its third in the UK, and has earmarked further city openings for 2012.
Taco Bell: backs Manchester opening with tongue-in-cheek outdoor ads
The Mexican-inspired restaurant chain is attempting to establish a UK presence for the second time after failing previously. It has already opened outlets in the Lakeside Shopping Centre and in Basildon.
Its third is in the Arndale Centre, Manchester, and is likely to be followed by further city openings next year, as it takes on the likes of McDonalds, Burger King and other fast food rivals.
Taco Bell, which is owned by Yum!, the parent company of Pizza Hut and KFC, is currently running outdoor advertising created by Draftfcb, which offer a tongue-in-cheek take on Manchester's deadpan humour and its two football teams.
One of the ads reads "baps out" while another "it's proper Mexicunian".
Nick Dawson, general manager, TacoBell UK & Europe, said the brand wanted to "target city locations around the UK".
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Consultant Future Trends Consultancy Elizabeth Norman International £50000 - £65000 per annum, ShÃ nghÇŽi
- Client Sales Account Manager (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £40000 - £45000 per annum + 30% bonus , London