DMGT values Northcliffe
Daily Mail & General Trust (DMGT), the publisher of the Daily Mail, has appointed Ernst & Young to value its regional arm, Northcliffe Media, which the group has previously failed to sell off.
Hull Daily Mail: one of the Northcliffe Media titles
Northcliffe Media – which comprises around 100 titles including the Hull Daily Mail, Western Daily Press and Plymouth Herald – has, like its rival regional press groups, suffered from a difficult advertising market and from readers' migration to the internet.
In 2005, DMGT disclosed that it was considering selling Northcliffe Media, ending its more than 80-year link with local newspapers.
But it was unable to attract a buyer at its asking price, which was thought to be around £1.5bn.
It is thought that DMGT has received no expressions of interest in its Northcliffe Media business in the past 12 months.
DMGT was unavailable for comment.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)