DMGT values Northcliffe
Daily Mail & General Trust (DMGT), the publisher of the Daily Mail, has appointed Ernst & Young to value its regional arm, Northcliffe Media, which the group has previously failed to sell off.
Hull Daily Mail: one of the Northcliffe Media titles
Northcliffe Media – which comprises around 100 titles including the Hull Daily Mail, Western Daily Press and Plymouth Herald – has, like its rival regional press groups, suffered from a difficult advertising market and from readers' migration to the internet.
In 2005, DMGT disclosed that it was considering selling Northcliffe Media, ending its more than 80-year link with local newspapers.
But it was unable to attract a buyer at its asking price, which was thought to be around £1.5bn.
It is thought that DMGT has received no expressions of interest in its Northcliffe Media business in the past 12 months.
DMGT was unavailable for comment.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...