DMGT values Northcliffe
Daily Mail & General Trust (DMGT), the publisher of the Daily Mail, has appointed Ernst & Young to value its regional arm, Northcliffe Media, which the group has previously failed to sell off.
Hull Daily Mail: one of the Northcliffe Media titles
Northcliffe Media – which comprises around 100 titles including the Hull Daily Mail, Western Daily Press and Plymouth Herald – has, like its rival regional press groups, suffered from a difficult advertising market and from readers' migration to the internet.
In 2005, DMGT disclosed that it was considering selling Northcliffe Media, ending its more than 80-year link with local newspapers.
But it was unable to attract a buyer at its asking price, which was thought to be around £1.5bn.
It is thought that DMGT has received no expressions of interest in its Northcliffe Media business in the past 12 months.
DMGT was unavailable for comment.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks Salary: £30K-34K DOE, Based in London head office
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)