DMGT values Northcliffe
Daily Mail & General Trust (DMGT), the publisher of the Daily Mail, has appointed Ernst & Young to value its regional arm, Northcliffe Media, which the group has previously failed to sell off.
Hull Daily Mail: one of the Northcliffe Media titles
Northcliffe Media – which comprises around 100 titles including the Hull Daily Mail, Western Daily Press and Plymouth Herald – has, like its rival regional press groups, suffered from a difficult advertising market and from readers' migration to the internet.
In 2005, DMGT disclosed that it was considering selling Northcliffe Media, ending its more than 80-year link with local newspapers.
But it was unable to attract a buyer at its asking price, which was thought to be around £1.5bn.
It is thought that DMGT has received no expressions of interest in its Northcliffe Media business in the past 12 months.
DMGT was unavailable for comment.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)