Harvey Nichols offers antidote to the 'walk of shame'
Retailer Harvey Nichols has launched a tongue-in-cheek "walk of shame" viral as part of its Christmas marketing push.
Harvey Nichols: 'walk of shame' viral
The film by DDB aims to show how women can avoid the embarrassing walk home after spending the night at someone else's house, by shopping at Harvey Nichols.
The viral is designed to show the retailer, "has everything you need to walk home with your glamorous head held high".
Harvey Nichols claims shoppers can turn embarrassment to pride by buying from ranges including Valentino, Giambattista Valli, Nina Ricci and Chrisopher Kane.
The retailer says it also has extras to help the morning-after recovery, including Bliss eye masks and Percy & Reed's dry shampoo.
Julia Bowe, group marketing director at Harvey Nichols, said: "We always like to take something true to life and have fun with it, and see how Harvey Nichols can make things better.
"A fabulous dress teamed with a great pair of shoes will atone for a multitude of sins in our eyes."
The clip is being hosted on the brand's YouTube channel. Viewers are also being encouraged to share their "walk-of-shame" stories by sharing them on Twitter via the #walkofshame hashtag.
Follow Matthew Chapman on @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...