LoveFilm shores up defence against Netflix with Sony content deal
LoveFilm has struck a content deal with Sony Pictures Television, as it bolsters its defence against rival Netflix, which plans to launch in the UK next year.
The Social Network: Sony Pictures release will be available on the LoveFilm service
As part of the deal, LoveFilm users will gain exclusive streaming access to Sony Pictures Television's movies and TV series, which include 'The Social Network' and 'Salt', during the second pay window.
The multi-year deal also covers pay per view and download to own, although not on an exclusive basis.
LoveFilm has been accelerating its content partnerships this year, and most recently it struck a similar exclusive content deal with Warner Bros.
Other content providers to partner with LoveFilm this year include Lionsgate, Momentum, Disney and StudioCanal.
The move comes one day after Netflix announced a content deal with BBC Worldwide. Netflix's launch has been tipped for March 2012.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Business Development Manager Pure360 £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience. £45k OTE uncapped, Brighton
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London