LoveFilm shores up defence against Netflix with Sony content deal
LoveFilm has struck a content deal with Sony Pictures Television, as it bolsters its defence against rival Netflix, which plans to launch in the UK next year.
The Social Network: Sony Pictures release will be available on the LoveFilm service
As part of the deal, LoveFilm users will gain exclusive streaming access to Sony Pictures Television's movies and TV series, which include 'The Social Network' and 'Salt', during the second pay window.
The multi-year deal also covers pay per view and download to own, although not on an exclusive basis.
LoveFilm has been accelerating its content partnerships this year, and most recently it struck a similar exclusive content deal with Warner Bros.
Other content providers to partner with LoveFilm this year include Lionsgate, Momentum, Disney and StudioCanal.
The move comes one day after Netflix announced a content deal with BBC Worldwide. Netflix's launch has been tipped for March 2012.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)