Yahoo's chairman and three directors quit the board in overhaul
Yahoo's chairman Roy Bostock and three other directors have announced they will step down as the digital media company continues its major internal overhaul.
Roy Bostock : Yahoo's chairman steps down
In a letter to shareholders, Bostock, along with board members Vyomesh Joshi, Arthur Kern and Gary Wilson have announced they will not seek re-election to the board this year.
The digital media company has not announced a new chairman.
Bostock leaves amid a major shakeup to the company’s leadership. This month it appointed Scott Thompson, former president of PayPal as its new chief executive, after Carol Bartz was dismissed in September last year.
Shortly after Thomspon joined, Jerry Yang, co-founder of Yahoo, resigned from the board.
Marketing recently revealed a major restructure to its European marketing department, as part of its move to shift its global marketing function to the regions.
The shakeup saw the departure of James Tipple, vice president of marketing EMEA, and Andrew Cocker, European marketing director departed.
Robert Bridge, former business-to-business marketing director for EMEA, has been promoted to the role of senior director and head of marketing for the region.
This month Yahoo reported a 4% slip in global revenues, hit by a decline in search and ad revenues.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior PPC Account Manager (In-house) Step Ahead Recruitment £30-£40K, Staines, Middlesex
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...