Carling puts premium variant Chrome on TV
Carling is matching rival Foster's investment in marketing a premium variant by unleashing a £7m marketing campaign for Carling Chrome, which includes the brand's first TV ad.
The ad, called "anticipation", will make its debut on 21 February during the Brit Awards. It has been created by VCCP Blue and features 'Get it On' by T Rex on the soundtrack.
It tells the story of a couple getting ready for a night out. The man notices a Carling Chrome poster and begins to anticipate drinking the lager. The scene then changes to show the couple entering a bar to meet their friends and drink Carling Chrome.
The overall campaign includes video-on-demand, cinema, outdoor and press. Of its 18- to 34-year-old target audience, 97% are forecast to see the campaign during February and March.
Mike Read, brand director for Carling, said: "Since Carling Chrome was launched in August 2011 we have secured strong distribution across the on and off-trade, and now we are aiming to build on consumer awareness with an exciting, high profile ad campaign."
Carling's activity comes just two weeks before a new £7.5m push for Foster's Gold, also launched last summer, which includes a second TV ad.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...