Optimum Nutrition aims for UK expansion with rugby sponsorship
Optimum Nutrition, the US sports nutrition brand, is aiming to expand its presence in the UK through a partnership with rugby and music festivals events RugbyRocks.
Optimum Nutrition: sponsors Irish rugby union star Rob Kearney
The brand, which has, since 2010, been looking to expand awareness in the UK market, will sponsor RugbyRocks' three UK festivals in London, Yorkshire and Edinburgh.
The Men's Open rugby 7s tournament will now be called the Optimum Nutrition Men's Open. Winning teams in both men's and women's competitions will also receive a year's worth of sponsorship from Optimum Nutrition.
Optimum Nutrition already sponsors athletes, including Irish rugby union star Rob Kearney and England 7s rugby player Chris Cracknell, as well as the Newcastle Falcons rugby team.
Sebastian Mullin, managing director EMEA at Optimum Nutrition, said: "The intense physicality of 7s means that good nutrition is key to a successful performance, and we look forward to helping the RugbyRocks players put in their best performance on the pitch and recover quickly and effectively off it."
RugbyRocks' other event partners include Puma, Jagermeister, Nando's, Fatboy and The Prostate Cancer Charity. The London event will take place on 26 and 27 May at Richmond Athletics Ground.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)