Suzuki appoints the7stars to £6m media account
Suzuki, the Japanese car and motorcycle marque, has appointed the independent media agency the7stars to its £6m media and planning account.
Suzuki: appoints the7stars
It is understood that the7stars picked up the account after a final shoot out against Havas Media-owned Arena Media.
Interpublic media agency UM London was involved at an earlier stage in the pitch process handled by Brian Jacobs & Associates.
It is understood that Suzuki is expected to retain Interpublic out of home agency IPM for its outdoor planning and buying.
The incumbent on the creative and media accounts was Nexus/h, which has worked with the car brand for 20 years. Earlier this month Suzuki awarded its creative account to the Red Brick Road.
According to unofficial figures from The Nielsen Company Suzuki spent £6.02m on media during 2011. During the pitch process sources suggested this could rise in the next year.
Suzuki's marketing in the past few years have included promotions for Suzuki's 0% finance deal will help new car buyers with the tagline 'We're Here For You' in 2009 and 2010's 'Designed For Life' campaign for the Swift model.
According to The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders, Suzuki sales accounted for 1.05% of new car registrations in 2011, down 5.53% from 1.06% of all registrations during 2010.
In comparison, fellow Japanese brand Nissan grew its share of the new car market by 7.35% year on year to 4.96% of new car registrations in 2011, while Mazda had a 1.61% share in 2011, down a whopping 31.31%.
Spokespeople for Suzuki and the7stars were unavailable for comment. In January the7stars won the £2m media planning and buying account for Fab lollies producer R&R Ice Cream.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)