Telegraph wins IAB's first Future Format award
Telegraph Media Group, working with Google's DoubleClick, has beaten AOL and Microsoft to win the Internet Advertising Bureau's inaugural Future Format award, for a new display ad product.
The IAB launched the award off the back of the accelerated growth it was seeing in display advertising, in a bid to generate more creative opportunities for digital advertisers.
According to the IAB's most recent adspend figures from last year, new ad formats were one of the key factors which led to a 13.5% growth in digital spend.
The Telegraph won the award with Cascade, a multiplatform format that expands section by section down the page, as the user engages with the content by clicking or swiping.
The ads contain additional panels to deliver content such as video, images and RSS feeds. It is also enabled for both Flash and HTML5, and is powered by Google's DoubleClick.
There were 18 entries in total for the award. Other companies to be shortlisted were AOL for Project Devil; Google DoubleClick for Page Move; Media Mind for Sidekick; Microsoft for Film Strip, and YouTube for Masthead.
The award is supported by the IPA and the judging panel was made up from its members in digital and creative agencies.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1