W+K Amsterdam promotes Clay Mills to MD role
Wieden+Kennedy Amsterdam has promoted Clay Mills, head of business development and group account director on its global Heineken business, to the role of managing director.
Clay Mills: promoted to the role of managing director at W+K Amsterdam
He replaces Lee Newman, who leaves the agency this week to join Ogilvy & Mather Chicago as president.
Mills, who has taken up the role with immediate effect, will partner with executive creative directors Mark Bernath and Eric Quennoy to lead the office.
Mills joined W+K Amsterdam in February 2010 as group account director on Heineken and head of business development.
He has overseen the development of the independent agency's relationship with the brewer, expanding it to Brazil, India and the US.
Prior to W+K Amsterdam, Mills held roles at JWT New York and BBH in London and New York.
Bernath and Quennoy said: "Spending the last two years making the Heineken work with Clay has been one of the more enjoyable experiences of our careers. You have to work with people who make work feel more like having fun. That's when the best stuff happens."
In October last year, W+K Amsterdam launched its first independent digital product agency, called The Dam Armada.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)