Elle boosts magazine subscriptions with Twitter
Elle, the fashion and beauty brand published by Hearst Magazines UK, has doubled its magazine subscriptions after its first live digital streaming of a cover shoot via Twitter.
Elle: magazine subscriptions double after live digital streaming of cover shoot
The magazine publisher said the shoot, which featured Kristen Stewart, was the world's number one trending topic on Twitter on Tuesday 13 March while it was taking place in Los Angeles.
Elle magazine subscriptions are reported to have doubled as readers signed up for Kristen Stewart's special subscriber's issue while momentum continues to build amongst followers for the big reveal of the eventual issue which will go on sale in May.
The publisher also claims that the initiative generated so much excitement that its website, ELLEuk.com attracted its highest site traffic figures for more than two years, surpassing even traffic visits for ELLEuk.com's Royal Wedding coverage, with a 231% increase in global unique users, and a 218% page views percentage increase of traffic from Twitter and Facebook.
As highlighted in a recent Fipp report, this live, digital stream of a cover shoot is another example of the innovative ways that magazine publishers are using digital to boost the sales of print magazines.
Lorraine Candy, editor-in-chief of Elle, said: "Elle is known for being a ground breaking and pioneering brand which is why we chose to break with magazine tradition and disclose our cover star two months in advance of publication.
"This unique idea is testament to our integrated approach across Elle, ELLEuk.com and Twitter and one of the many new ideas we are working on as a team. We have pushed the boundaries to reap excellent rewards and will continue to do so as the brand evolves this year."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Designer Duke Circa £40k - £43k , London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...