Laithwaites Wine names ex-Lloyds man as marketing chief
Laithwaites Wine, the international wine merchant, has named Mark Roberts as its new marketing director with immediate effect.
Mark Roberts: appointed marketing director at Laithwaites Wine
Roberts replaces Georgina Hewitt, who left the post in February 2011 to take up a role with Laithwaite's data agency, More2. Roberts reports directly to Laithwaites Wine managing director Glenn Caton.
Roberts joins Laithwaites Wine from Lloyds Banking Group, where he spent five years, most recently as head of customer marketing for general insurance. Prior to joining Lloyds, he held a number of sales and marketing roles at Procter & Gamble.
His appointment marks the latest in a series of changes to the senior management team at the wine merchant, and he is tasked with increasing brand awareness and affinity, purchase consideration and advocacy.
The brand, which has a £15m marketing budget, has traditionally used direct marketing and in-store events to communicate with consumers, but the new appointment is understood to signal a move to above-the-line advertising in the future.
Caton said: "2012 is an important year for the company, with new marketing drives and various digital innovation projects in the pipeline.
"Mark's successful track record and well-established innovation specialism makes him perfectly placed to lead the charge when it comes to reinventing our approach to customer engagement."
Laithwaites Wine has a number of UK outlets and is a part of Direct Wines, which has operations across America, Hong Kong, India, Australia and mainland Europe, with annual sales of £340m.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Project Manager - Hugely Respected Digital Agency ADLIB £30000 - £45000 per annum, Oxford
- Digital Display Manager - Telecoms PFJ £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London