LinkedIn steps up mobile strategy with iPad launch
LinkedIn, the professional networking service, is ramping up its mobile strategy by making its first foray into tablets with an extensive iPad app, and adding new features to its smartphone apps.
LinkedIn: expands its mobile strategy with iPad app launch
Mobile is the fastest-growing service at LinkedIn and, according to the company, it receives 22% of traffic from mobile devices.
The new iPad app, which is available to download for free from today (26 April), has been designed with a view to being a reading tool, for its industry news content.
It has a calendar feature that enables users to get information on who they are meeting on a particular day.
It also has a networking feature, enabling users to connect with members and build their professional profile.
Ariel Eckstein, managing director, LinkedIn EMEA, said: "It's important to be where our members are and increasingly, busy professionals are on the go and using LinkedIn while out and about."
In addition to the iPad app, LinkedIn is expanding its existing iPhone and Android apps to be made available in 13 more languages.
LinkedIn was founded in 2003 and now claims to have more than 150 million members worldwide.
It makes its revenues from advertising, job listings and subscriptions.
In the UK, LinkedIn is working towards attracting greater marketing spend to the service by promoting the opportunities its offers brands through its company pages.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)