LinkedIn steps up mobile strategy with iPad launch
LinkedIn, the professional networking service, is ramping up its mobile strategy by making its first foray into tablets with an extensive iPad app, and adding new features to its smartphone apps.
LinkedIn: expands its mobile strategy with iPad app launch
Mobile is the fastest-growing service at LinkedIn and, according to the company, it receives 22% of traffic from mobile devices.
The new iPad app, which is available to download for free from today (26 April), has been designed with a view to being a reading tool, for its industry news content.
It has a calendar feature that enables users to get information on who they are meeting on a particular day.
It also has a networking feature, enabling users to connect with members and build their professional profile.
Ariel Eckstein, managing director, LinkedIn EMEA, said: "It's important to be where our members are and increasingly, busy professionals are on the go and using LinkedIn while out and about."
In addition to the iPad app, LinkedIn is expanding its existing iPhone and Android apps to be made available in 13 more languages.
LinkedIn was founded in 2003 and now claims to have more than 150 million members worldwide.
It makes its revenues from advertising, job listings and subscriptions.
In the UK, LinkedIn is working towards attracting greater marketing spend to the service by promoting the opportunities its offers brands through its company pages.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire
- Marketing Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50K-70K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Integrated Designer (Marketing) Premier Media £35,000 pa, Central London