King of Shaves takes on Gillette with online subscription offer
King of Shaves, the male grooming brand, is going head to head with rival Gillette, by offering consumers a subscription service that delivers three razor blade cartridges for £3 a month.
James Ellington: British Olympic hopeful is brand ambassador for King of Shaves
Consumers who subscribe online to the 'King of Shave Sub' will receive an Azor 4 razor handle and three cartridges. Each month, consumers will receive three replacement cartridges in the post, plus additional loyalty benefits such as discounts on the brand's other grooming products.
Consumers will be able to pay an additional £1 a month to upgrade to the Azor 5 razor model or an Azor S class five-blade razor for women.
Will King, King of Shaves founder, said the subscription model aimed to help consumers with busy lifestyles and bring new people to the brand.
Citing his rivals, King directly referenced a Daily Mail report that claimed P&G-owned Gillette had increased the prices of its cartridges by 99% over the past three years.
He said: "It's tough for us to compete with the big guys in stores – they spend tens of millions of pounds on marketing. We’re simply investing in a simple way to get the King of Shaves without the competitor's ransom.
"We've been able to reduce prices without compromising on quality, by using a web based ordering system and stripping away unnecessary retail ready packaging."
Last July, King of Shaves launched a tennis-themed viral, racking up more than 2,000 within its first few days of going live, in the run up to Wimbledon, directly taking on Gillette's tennis ad featuring star player Roger Federer.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...