BMI Regional to retain marketers after £8m sale
BMI Regional head of marketing Frank Mertens will keep his role following today's completion of the £8m sale of the airline by British Airways to Sector Aviation Holdings, who say no redundancies are planned.
Ian Woodley: chairman of bmi Regional
Sector Aviation Holdings is a consortium of businessmen that IAG has previously described as having "considerable aviation experience".
SAH said the regional airline will be operating "business as usual", retaining its brand identity as part of the sale, while head of marketing Frank Mertens will continue in his role. SAH said there will be no job losses at the airline as part of the sale, retaining its 330 staff.
Ian Woodley, who co-founded airline Business Air and sold it to BMI’s predecessor British Midland in 1996, will become chief executive of BMI Regional.
He said: "It is very much our aim to develop the network in both the UK and Europe and with the future now secured and that uncertainty removed, we can look ahead with confidence."
The £8m deal includes all of BMI Regional’s fixed assets and long-term liabilities, including owned and operating lease aircraft.
IAG was forced to take on loss-making BMI’s subsidiary airlines bmi baby and BMI Regional as part of its £172.5m takeover of BMI, after former owner Lufthansa failed to find a buyer. IAG has since announced that bmi baby will be grounded as of September.
BMI Regional is based in Aberdeen and flies to 14 destinations from UK airports.
SAH is funded by Stephen and Peter Bond, who are also investors in Loganair.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...