Ikea releases Corgi-dog holder viral for the Jubilee
Ikea is getting in on Jubilee fever with a new viral that promotes the brand's hot dog holder, which has been transformed into the shape of a Corgi.
The viral, created by Lida, shows a Guardsman secretly eating a hot dog out of the flat-pack 'Corgi dog holder'. Although he eats the hot dog with precision, it leaves a tell-tale smear of mustard on his mouth.
The viral ends with the line, "Celebrate the Jubilee with the most regal of snacks. One can try a Corgi dog in selected stores until 10th June".
Consumers who buy the snack wrapper will receive an offer of £15 off when they spend more than £75 at Ikea.
Markus Weichselbaumer, relationship marketing manager, Ikea, said: "We wanted to help get the country excited about the Jubilee celebrations with an initiative that combines Britain's love for our famous Swedish hot dogs, and the iconic royal pet. The result is the 'Corgi Dog'."
Art director Spencer White worked on the ad, with copywriter Andy O’Carroll and planner Rory Smith. The director was Ian Anderson.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @loullamae_es
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...