Usain Bolt, Jessica Ennis and Mark Cavendish become Stuff cover stars
Stuff, the monthly gadget magazine, has released three special covers for its latest issue featuring the 2012 Olympic hopefuls Usain Bolt, Jessica Ennis and Mark Cavendish, giving its scantily-clad cover models a rest for the first time.
Stuff magazine: offers a choice of three Olympic special covers
Readers can choose from three special covers featuring British road cyclist Cavendish holding his bike over his shoulder; British heptathlete Ennis holding a javelin, and Jamaican sprinter and 100m and 200m world record holder Bolt, in the starting position.
As well as being photographed for the covers, all three athletes are interviewed in the magazine about what technology helps them and their training, alongside a Stuff guide to the London 2012 Olympics.
A spokeswoman for Stuff said it was the first time the magazine had not run a photograph of a "cover girl" on its front since it launched 15 years ago.
The special issue of Stuff, which is published by Haymarket Media Group, publisher of MediaWeek.co.uk, is on sale today (1 June) with a cover price of £4.35. The iPad version costs £2.99 for one issue or £23.99 for 12 months.
Will Findlater, editor at Stuff, said: "This is a first for us on the newsstand. In celebration of the UK hosting the Olympics, we secured interviews with three of the world's greatest athletes and they are more than deserving of Stuff's front cover.
"With technology so central to elite performance, it's a real coup to go behind the scenes with them and find out what it takes to be the best."
Stuff had an average circulation of 82,226 in between 1 July 2011 and 31 December 2011, according to the Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC). Its main competitor is Future Publishing's T3 which had an average ABC circulation of 49,006 in the same period.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...