Black Cats sign shirt deal with Invest in Africa
Sunderland Football Club has signed a deal with not-for-profit organisation Invest in Africa to be its new shirt sponsor, replacing gaming site tombola.
Sunderland AFC: Premier League club partners with Invest in Africa in shirt sponsorship
The deal marks the first time a Premier League football club has signed a shirt-sponsorship deal with a not-for-profit organisation as opposed to a charity. No financial details of the agreement have been disclosed.
The football club, nicknamed the 'Black Cats', said Invest in Africa would be the shirt sponsor for a minimum of two years, beginning next season.
Invest in Africa is a partnership of leading companies formed to promote business opportunities on the continent.
The organisation’s founding partner, Tullow Oil, is Africa's largest independent oil company.
Premier League clubs have previously signed shirt sponsorship deals with charities, such as Aston Villa's deal with Acorn, the children's hospice trust.
The move marks the first time that Invest in Africa has invested in sport.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Category Coordinator Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum, Northamptonshire
- Website and Ecommerce Manager Amathus Drinks £30k basic and potential O.T.E £45K , Park Royal, NW10
- Account Director - 9 month Maternity contract Gabriele Skelton £50000 per annum, Tunbridge Wells