Lipton Ice Tea in 'Teavolution' campaign
Lipton Ice Tea is undertaking a summer marketing offensive called 'Teavolution' that will target its core 18-to 24-year-old audience and feature the strapline, 'Surprisingly refreshing and tasty'.
Lipton Ice Tea: targeting core audience in summer campaign
The summer sampling campaign aims to provide one million samples to consumers across high-footfall locations in Liverpool, Southampton, Swansea and Glasgow.
The brand is targeting its core audience of 18- to 24-year-olds, aiming to drive trial, awareness and engagement with the brand.
The campaign does not feature brand ambassador and actor Hugh Jackman, although an international campaign featuring Jackman was launched earlier this year.
Jon Evans, head of seed brands at Britvic, said that internal research showed that 80% of consumers bought the product once it had been sampled.
He said: "We have seen from past sampling activities that people have a barrier to the concept of ice tea until they actually taste it, which is why a campaign like this is really important."
Britvic claims the brand is worth £8.6m and that the company will be investing extensively in Lipton Ice Tea for the rest of the year. It ran a similar sampling campaign last summer.
Lipton Ice Tea is part of the cold hot drinks sub-category, the fastest-growing segment in the soft drinks category of 26% value growth and is worth £23.7m.
The brand is owned by Pepsi Lipton International, a joint venture between PepsiCo and Lipton, with Britvic signed as the bottling partner in the UK & Ireland.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @loullamae_
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Executive - boutique design agency Gabriele Skelton £20000 - £25000 per annum, London
- Internal Communications Manager Barclay Meade £40000 per annum + Benefits, Oxfordshire
- Ecommerce Project Manager Source £35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Senior PM UX and Design Source £50000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London