Under Armour unveils details of MTV tie-up
Under Armour, the sports apparel brand, has unveiled details of its multi-platform partnership tie-up with MTV.
Made: Under Armour ties up with MTV for bespoke episode of the series
Under the deal, Under Armour will be fully integrated into a bespoke episode of international franchise, 'Made'.
The deal was brokered by MAKE Amsterdam and on behalf of the sports brand and Be Viacom – the in-house brand solutions division of Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN).
The series, which showcases young adults that have overcome personal challenges and adversity to achieve their dreams, will aim to increase awareness of Under Armour across Europe.
'Made' will follow the trials of 19-year-old, national rugby player Jake Robey. In the early stages of his professional career, Robey suffered a potentially fatal viral infection on his heart. The 60-minute episode will follow him as he seeks MTV’s help to rebuild his rugby credentials and belief in his own potential.
It will run across MTV in the UK and Viva in Germany and will include on-air promotional spots in addition to billboards within the exclusive episode. 'Made' was created in house by MTV with all other aspects of campaign by Be Viacom’s creative team.
Matt Shearer, Under Armour general manager EMEA and Canada, said: "Creating a show designed to motivate athletes to push beyond perceived limits of training is true to our core values and showcases innovation in our apparel and footwear.
"We're delighted to be partnering with Be Viacom to tell the Under Armour story to a new European audience and support our brand ambition for continued global growth."
Dave Sibley, executive vice-president and managing director, Be Viacom, said: "Our audiences love real-life stories of triumph over adversity and with a summer of sport on the way, this special episode of MTV 'Made' is sure to strike a chord."
'Made' will premiere on MTV on Sunday 15 July at 4pm in the UK, on MTV Germany at 6.30pm (CET) and on Viva Germany at 12:55pm (CET).
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...