Google launches Chrome app for iPhone and iPad
Google has launched the mobile version of its Chrome browser for the iPad and iPhone at its developers conference in California.
Google: launches Chrome app
It has also launched Google Drive, its documents and file sharing tool, as an app on iTunes.
Chrome’s expansion from desktop to mobile comes shortly after it was named the world’s most popular web browser, overtaking Microsoft’s Internet Explorer.
According to figures from Statcounter, Chrome now as a global market share of 33%, compared to Internet Explorer’s 32% and Firefox’s 25%.
Chrome launched three years ago and Google has put significant marketing muscle behind it, rolling out the widely-acclaimed 'Wilderness Downtown' interactive video in August 2010.
Other announcements from Google's I/O conference this week include the launch of its first tablet, called the Nexus 7, and the unveiling of its augmented reality digital glasses.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...