Heat launches first augmented reality issue to mark TV launch
Heat magazine is bringing augmented technology to its pages for the first time, mirroring a move by Hello! and Tatler magazine.
Heat: David Walliams reveals his guilty pleasures
The augmented reality issue includes content about comedian David Walliams' "guilty pleasures", Louis Walsh's top five celebrities and an opportunity to join singer Leona Lewis on a farm.
Heat has teamed up with Engine Creative and augmented reality company Aurasma to develop exclusive augmented content for readers via smartphone or tablet devices.
The augmented reality content, which is available now, can be accessed through a standalone Heat Extra app built on Aurasma's platform, for iOS and Android users.
Heat publisher Bauer has also devised an augmented reality treasure hunt, in which readers are able to win prizes by finding the Heat TV icon on one off the pages.
As Media Week revealed in May, Bauer Media pulled the pug on Q TV after nearly 12 years to be replaced by Heat TV.
Other magazines to have recently used augmented reality technology include Hello! and Tatler, for their respective Diamond Jubilee issues.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Account Planner Direct Recruitment Up to £50,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...