B&Q reviews £40m ad account
B&Q is reviewing is estimated £40m advertising account, currently handled by McCann London.
B&Q: seeks agency to handle advertising business
An in-house consultant is handling the process following a procurement-led review of the business.
McCann London and seven other agencies have been invited to take part in chemistry meetings, which will take place next week.
The agency has worked with B&Q for three years after winning the business following a pitch against WCRS, Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy (MCBD), and Rapier.
McCann handles the TV and radio for the brand, while Network is responsible for the print and Addiction create the idents.
McCann's last TV ad for B&Q launched in March and aimed to inspire customers with the confidence to improve their homes and gardens. The ad moved away from a functionally driven strategy to an emotionally-led approach and focussed on "everyday people" at key moments in their lives, such as a couple decorating a nursery.
In May, B&Q called a review of CRM and direct marketing business for its TradePoint business, which targets professionals in the building trade. The retailer approached a number of agencies about the review as it seeks to ramp up its loyalty programme across its trade customers.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...