Trading places: this week's people moves
Yahoo appoints Google veteran Marissa Mayer to the vacant role of chief executive while parting company with UK sales chief Steve Brown in this week's round-up of people moves across advertising, marketing and media.
Marissa Mayer: joins Google
Karmarama has hired Mother's Mark Harrison as the managing director of retail, Lawrence Weber from The Brooklyn Brothers as the head of digital integration and David Pandit, who joins from Bartle Bogle Hegarty as the director of data and analytics. (Campaign)
WCRS has promoted Elisa Edmonds to the new role of head of account planning. (Campaign)
Omnicom Media Group’s digital leader in Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) Damian Blackden is to leave the agency network after four years. (Campaign)
Starcom MediaVest Group (SMG) has appointed Gill Huber to the position of marketing and communications director of SMG London. (Media Week)
Initiative has appointed both Steve Henderson, client director at Mindshare, and Tania Harwood, business director at OMD UK, as business directors, replacing Simon Kennett and Sean Pattison respectively. (Media Week)
Yahoo is parting way with its sales director Steve Brown. Brown joined Yahoo in 2008 as group business manager, and was promoted to sales director two years later. Brown has yet to be replaced. (Media Week)
Yahoo has also appointed Google’s vice-president of local, maps and location services Marissa Mayer as its chief executive. The appointment of Mayer ends Yahoo’s period without a leader. (Media Week)
AOL has appointed former Thomson Reuters brand head Jolie Hunt to the newly created role of chief marketing officer, following a global restructure that saw the company's marketing function stripped out of the UK and relocated to the US. (Marketing)
Nintendo has appointed its head of European PR Shelly Pearce to the UK marketing director position left vacant by the departure of Dawn Paine. (Marketing)
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior Account Executive - Experiential - London Source £22000 - £23000 per annum, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...