Warburtons appoints Nestlé chocolate man as marketing director
Warburtons has appointed Nestlé UK's head of chocolate Mark Simester as its new marketing director, replacing Richard Hayes.
Mark Simester: joins Warburtons as marketing director
Simester will take up his role in October.
He has been in his current role at Nestlé for two years. He was previously marketing manager for Nestlé's kit Kat brand.
Simester replaces Richard Hayes, who left in January after five years in the role. He will be based at Warburton's Bolton headquarters.
As Nestlé's head of chocolate, Simester headed up the company's £400m-turnover chocolate business, leading a 16-strong commercial team.
He was marketing manager for Kit Kit between 2004 and 2010.
His appointment at Warburtons comes as the business seeks to diversify from its core bread business and move into new categories such as snacks.
Warburtons is still on the hunt for a replacement for managing director Robert Higginson who also left the business earlier this year.
In the year to September 2011, profits at Warburtons declined 37% to £16.3m in 2011, which the baker attributed to increased competition and the cost of raw materials.
Earlier this month, Warburtons appointed WCRS to handle its £8m advertising account after a three-way shoot-out against VCCP and BMB.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...