IFABC compiles newspaper data for 34 markets
The International Federation of Audit Bureaux of Circulation (IFABC), the association for auditors ABC and BPA around the world, has launched a free online database that provides headline circulation data for newspapers from 34 countries for the first time.
IFABC provides newspaper data for 35 markets
The new site, www.ifabc.org, draws on data collated from IFABC’s international membership and is available as a free online resource for anyone wishing to compare circulation data from around the world.
The historic data, which is currently available from 2008 onwards, will be updated on an annual basis. This is the first stage of a plan that will add local newspapers’ and magazines’ circulation data over the next year.
The website is said to signal a new era for IFABC as it works towards supporting its member agencies to develop industry-wide metrics for print and the rapidly growing digital channels.
As well as functioning as a data source, the site hopes to serve as a central point for users from around the world to get information and news on global digital metrics and encourage the exchange of experience and best practice between member organisations.
Previously, the only international newspaper resource has been compiled by the World Association of Newspapers in an annual database and publication World Press Trends, sold to individuals for €500.
Jerry Wright, president of IFABC, said: "There was a clear industry need for an accessible and transparent data source, providing accurate and comparable audited data on a worldwide scale.
"The newly launched IFABC site will help to promote the necessary transfer of knowledge and experience across the media world and showcase the growing number of global digital metrics IFABC members can report."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Designer Duke Circa £40k - £43k , London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...