IFABC compiles newspaper data for 34 markets
The International Federation of Audit Bureaux of Circulation (IFABC), the association for auditors ABC and BPA around the world, has launched a free online database that provides headline circulation data for newspapers from 34 countries for the first time.
IFABC provides newspaper data for 35 markets
The new site, www.ifabc.org, draws on data collated from IFABC’s international membership and is available as a free online resource for anyone wishing to compare circulation data from around the world.
The historic data, which is currently available from 2008 onwards, will be updated on an annual basis. This is the first stage of a plan that will add local newspapers’ and magazines’ circulation data over the next year.
The website is said to signal a new era for IFABC as it works towards supporting its member agencies to develop industry-wide metrics for print and the rapidly growing digital channels.
As well as functioning as a data source, the site hopes to serve as a central point for users from around the world to get information and news on global digital metrics and encourage the exchange of experience and best practice between member organisations.
Previously, the only international newspaper resource has been compiled by the World Association of Newspapers in an annual database and publication World Press Trends, sold to individuals for €500.
Jerry Wright, president of IFABC, said: "There was a clear industry need for an accessible and transparent data source, providing accurate and comparable audited data on a worldwide scale.
"The newly launched IFABC site will help to promote the necessary transfer of knowledge and experience across the media world and showcase the growing number of global digital metrics IFABC members can report."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Digital Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £30 - £38 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £37000 - £45000 per annum + competitive compensation & benefits packge, London
- Digital Account Manger Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Digital Payments Solutions Strategy Manager Stopgap £45000 - £65000 per annum, City of London
- Experiential Senior Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £38000.00 per annum, London