Pop-up agency for college-leavers launches
Commercial Break, a new initiative to encourage young college-leavers from under-privileged backgrounds to enter the ad business, has launched a pop-up agency.
Assassin’s Creed: Commercial Break will work on Ubisoft brief
The Commercial Break agency has opened its doors with a brief from the video game company Ubisoft, which is behind releases including Splinter Cell and Assassin's Creed.
Thirty students, aged 18 and 19, from colleges across London applied for the eight positions on the team and will work in space provided by Southwark College. The aim is to create an ad campaign to support the launch of a Ubisoft game in the autumn.
The Commercial Break initiative is the brainchild of James Hillhouse, a freelance planner who previously worked at DDB, and Susie Burdekin, a consultant at the coaching company Drill.
A second phase of the initiative will support the team in finding paid internships following work on the Ubisoft brief. Hillhouse is in talks with agencies in an attempt to secure placements.
Mark Slaughter, the head of brand marketing at Ubisoft, said: "We believe the participants will bring a fresh perspective."Follow @Darbs73
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Direct Marketing Executive Stopgap £24362 - £25874 per annum, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...