Sky talks to brands about sharing data
Sky Media, BSkyB's ad sales house, is talking to brands about how they could use TV viewing data from Sky IQ to develop their businesses.
Waitrose: understood to be interested in Sky IQ proposal
It is understood that Sky has begun talks with brands to explore how Sky IQ data could complement information held by brands, such as loyalty scheme data.
Companies including Waitrose are said to be interested in the prospect of merging their data with the viewing behaviour available from Sky's customer intelligence arm.
Sources stressed that, if the plans go ahead, individual viewing data will not be shared with third parties and the information will be aggregated anonymously.
In addition, Sky would only provide information in line with consent and permissions agreed by Sky customers.
Sky IQ was formerly owned by the information services company Experian, but it became a joint venture between Sky and Experian in 2010. Sky bought Experian's half of the business in 2011.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Digital Marketing Manager Network Marketing £32000 - £35000 per annum, Sheffield
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...