JWT London scoops Kit Kat UK digital brief
JWT London has been appointed by Nestlé to handle the UK digital marketing account for the Kit Kat brand.
Kit Kat: JWT London already handles its advertising
The agency won the business after a competitive pitch against We Are Social, Blast Radius and Frank, with the incumbent, Skive, pulling out earlier in the review.
JWT has handled the Kit Kat advertising account since the chocolate brand's creation. The agency invented the strapline "Have a break. Have a Kit Kat", with the first-ever ad to feature the famous line appearing in 1957.
The new assignment means JWT will also be responsible for digital activity including Kit Kat's website, online advertising and social media execution, including community management across Kit Kat's social media platforms such as Facebook.
James Whitehead, an executive partner at JWT London, said: "Kit Kat is a great prize - it's already among the top ten most-engaged brands on Facebook and we will be helping Nestlé achieve their ambition to turn this much-loved brand into a world-class operator digitally."
Kit Kat is the fourth-largest UK chocolate brand with estimated sales of £120 million in 2011, according to Mintel.Follow @Jezzalee
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...