Magners funds Maccabees music video in Vevo partnership
Magners, the cider brand, is expanding its 'made in the dark' campaign with a sponsorship of a special 15-minute online video package for indie band The Maccabees on music platform Vevo.
The Maccabees: during filiming of the content
The original content, set to go live on Friday this week, is a music video for the band, which was ‘made in the dark’ in a warehouse in East London.
The sponsorship, arranged by MPG Media Contacts, is the first time a brand in the UK has sponsored one of Vevo’s ‘Vevo Presents’ programmes, which commissions original content from artists.
The production company Sweatshop Studio shot the band and crowd dressed in black, using Kinect technology and advanced 3D depth-sensing cameras. It has stylised the three tracks performed to create a 15-minute video showing band and fans as silhouettes.
Magners will be the main sponsor for the original content, as well as serving targeted pre-roll ads across the Maccabees back catalogue on Vevo.
The video will roll out across the Vevo platform, which includes the site, apps, connected TVs and through its syndication partner YouTube. Vevo did not confirm how much the deal cost.
Magners launched its "made in the dark" TV ad in March this year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...