Scottish Premier League in YouTube content deal
YouTube has struck a content deal with the Scottish Premier League (SPL) to bring match highlights and exclusive content to the video-sharing site and expand the global footprint of the league.
SPL: strikes content deal with YouTube
Highlights from the next three seasons and content, including fixtures and stats, will be hosted on the SPL's newly launched YouTube channel.
Football clubs such as Manchester City and Chelsea have their own branded channels, while the English Premier League has a similar highlights content deal to the SPL YouTube one, with Yahoo.
The "splofficial" channel will also host pre- and post-match commentary.
Stuart MacPhee, commercial manager at SPL, said: "Launching the splofficial channel represents a new chapter in online fan engagement for our league.
"Making Clydesdale Bank Premier League content available on YouTube will allow fans to access all the best action, on and off the pitch, whenever they want and wherever they are, be it at home on the laptop or on their smartphone on the bus to work."
Budweiser recently launched its first branded YouTube channel to highlight content relating to its sponsorship of non-league football club Wembley FC.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Range and Merchandising Executive Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum, London
- Global Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Global Brand Ambassador Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London