Future to launch lifestyle brand
Future is to launch a print and digital monthly lifestyle publication called The Simple Things, featuring a content blend of interiors, gardening, cookery, lifestyle and craft.
The Simple Things: Future to bring out lifestyle title next month
On sale from 6 September and priced at £4.99, The Simple Things aims to champion home-made values and simple living.
Future claims that the brand is aimed predominantly at women who are "looking for individuality and a brand that reflects their values".
The print launch will be closely integrated with the blog, www.thesimplethings.com.
The Simple Things will also be available in an interactive digital format for tablet users, with integrated videos and galleries.
Each 132-page issue of the title will blend ideas on various interiors, items to make, recipes to share, offer help with making the most of gardens or allotments, and provide original thoughts from people who share the ideal of a simple lifestyle.
Katherine Raderecht, group publisher for Future's creative portfolio, said: "Future has a long-standing track record of launching fresh and innovative products, and this latest addition to the portfolio is set to continue that tradition.
"As a launch into the lifestyle sector, The Simple Things is a new departure for us but, based on the success of Mollie Makes, is one we're confident will work.
"There is a real gap in the lifestyle market for a new brand like The Simple Things, and with high production values, unique editorial and a refreshing simplicity, this title will be a must-read title for the new 'go slow' movement.
"We're excited to see this project finally come to fruition, so we're looking forward to seeing the reaction and reception of readers and the industry alike once it hits the newsstand in September".
In addition to The Simple Things, Future has also launched a digital magazine called Photography Week that will go on sale in September.Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London