JWT to buy out Turkey's Manajans Thompson
WPP advertising agency JWT is to acquire full control of Turkish agency Manajans Thompson, one of WPP's earliest investments.
Acquisition: Manajans Thompson client Turkcell
JWT has held a minority stake in Manajans since 1985, prior to it being acquired by WPP.
The Istanbul-based agency was founded in 1944 and employs around 70 people, working for clients including Nokia, Shell, pharmaceutical company Bayer, mobile network Turkcell and food company Ulker.
The agency’s 2011 revenues were eight million Turkish lira (£2.8 million).
WPP companies in Turkey employ nearly 1,000 people and generate annual revenues of $100m (£63.7m).Follow @DanFareyJones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- New Business Manager Gabriele Skelton £35000 per annum, London