TxtLoan appoints VCCP and MediaVest ahead of ad push
TxtLoan, the high-interest, short-term loan company, has hired VCCP and MediaVest after a pitch to handle its respective advertising and media accounts ahead of a major marketing drive.
TxtLoan: aims to take on the market-leading Wonga.com
The loans service is expected to spend upwards of £15 million as it seeks to become a rival to the market-leading Wonga.com, the biggest-spending brand in the sector.
TxtLoan was founded in 2008 and claims to be able to provide its users with cash within 15 minutes of their loan request. Its representative APR is 2,274 per cent.
The appointments come five months after ministers threatened to crack down on advertising by "payday loans" companies following pressure from MPs, who accused the industry of running ads that target vulnerable groups.
The Office of Fair Trading has already intervened by demanding that advertising standards are improved and there have been suggestions that government will legislate further if the industry does not clean up its act. MPs claim that the payday loan market was worth £1.9 billion in 2011.
Wonga.com sponsors the ITV game show Red Or Black?, which has prize money of £500,000. The Labour MP Stella Creasy has claimed that this is the same amount that you would owe the company if you borrowed £270 over two years.
No-one at VCCP or MediaVest would comment on the appointment.Follow @Jezzalee
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Digital Marketing and E-Commerce Manager Better Placed Recruitment £30,000 TO £40,000, Macclesfield
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...