Kraft in £200m media and digital agency rethink
Kraft Foods, the Swiss-based company, is set to review its estimated £200 million European media planning and buying arrangements, including the £39 million account held by PHD in the UK.
Cadbury: PHD is the incumbent on the media account
The move follows Kraft’s decision to spin off its North American grocery division from its global snacks business, which was approved by the company’s directors earlier this month.
Separately, Kraft has also issued an RFI to digital and media agencies ahead of a European review of its digital relationships.
Omnicom’s PHD was awarded the Cadbury account in 2008 and added the Kraft business in 2010 after going head-to-head against Kraft’s agency Starcom. This was prompted by Kraft’s £12 billion takeover of Cadbury.
WPP’s Mindshare works with Kraft in parts of Western Europe, Aegis Media handles the business in Bulgaria and Starcom MediaVest Group looks after parts of Eastern Europe.
Chrystel Barranger has recently taken the new role of vice-president, snacking and marketing services at Kraft.
As well as Cadbury, the group’s brands also include Carte Noire, Kenco, Dairylea, Philadelphia, Oreo and Ritz.
Derek Luddem, the area media manager for the UK, Ireland and Nordic at Kraft Foods, declined to comment on its plans to review.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...