Addressable TV ads take step forward in US
Addressable TV advertising is becoming a reality in the US, with a new campaign by insurance company Allstate intended to be shown only to people who rent their property.
Allstate: insurance company to launch addressable ads in the US
According to a US report, Allstate is using consumer data from companies such as Experian, Epsilon and Axicom, along with subscriber information from satellite networks Dish and DirecTV, to target renters for a new campaign about rental insurance.
The campaign will reach around 15 million households, while viewers who do not qualify for the ads will see direct response ads instead, according to the report.
Addressable TV advertising, which uses personal information such as postcodes and household viewing behaviour to add greater targeting to broadcast messages, is yet to reach the UK.
Last year, it emerged that Virgin Media was working on plans to roll out an addressable advertising service in the second quarter of 2012 for its on-demand service, ahead of rival Sky. It has not yet run any addressable ads.
Sky has said that it will introduce its system for addressable ads AdSmart in 2013. Unlike Virgin Media, it will be focused on linear, rather than on-demand, viewing.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...