Pepsi signs up One Direction
Pepsi is reported to have signed up young pop superstars One Direction to promote the brand in a major advertising campaign.
One Direction: signs deal with Pepsi
The young pop stars will now follow in the footsteps of Madonna, Michael Jackson and Beyonce, who have all endorsed the fizzy drinks brand.
The band members are to appear in an advert with Drew Bees, the NFL superstar quarterback who plays for the New Orleans Saints.
The ad is set to be screen across the US and will be highly lucrative for band members Harry Styles, Zayn Malik, Niall Horan, Liam Payne and Louis Tomlinson. All of the brand members are aged 20 or under.
Specific details of the ad campaign are expected to emerge in the coming weeks.
One Direction, who found fame on 'The X Factor' in the UK, have a proved a hit in the US, recently selling out a concert in Madison Square Garden.
The PepsiCo owned fizzy drinks brand has also worked with global superstars such as David Beckham and Britney Spears.
The original story was reported in The Sun. PepsiCo said the story was "speculation".Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...