RKCR/Y&R scoops London & Partners brief
London & Partners, the promotional organisation for London, has appointed Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R to handle a campaign to encourage visitors to come to the capital after the success of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
London: post-Olympics tourism push
The agency, which has worked with London & Partners and its predecessor, Visit London, since 2005, won the business after a pitch, which kicked off in June.
RKCR/Y&R will now develop a campaign to encourage tourists to visit London in the months immediately after the Olympics period.
The work will focus on securing bookings from the US, France, Spain, Germany, Italy and Australia, as well as from domestic audiences, to continue the flow of tourists.
It will look to capitalise on the media coverage and interest London received globally during the Olympics to entice the event's UK and international TV audiences to visit the capital. The online and PR campaign will launch in October and run until March next year.
London & Partners was created last year from a merger of Visit London with other promotional bodies.
Martine Ainsworth-Wells, the director of marketing and communications at London & Partners, said: "We are now turning our attention to converting the billions of people who watched and experienced London in Games time into future visitors."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Powerpoint and Infographics presentation designer 30 to 40k+ Digital Gurus £30 - £45 per annum, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...